Saturday, February 20, 2010

Living Sacrifice

Romans 12

Living Sacrifices
1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Thursday at prayer meeting, I lifted up a prayer "God, I want to offer my life as a living sacrifice, to do everything that will honor you and bring your glory". However, I failed rather quickly. Friday morning, I struggled to get up for Morning Prayer. This is part of my lent commitment. At then end, I still managed to get up and go to morning prayer, but it was very hard to get out of the comfortable bed. God, I am sorry that I failed. I just told you that I wanted to offer my life as a living sacrifice, but I didn't even want to get out of bed for you. However, God, you are just too good to me, at morning prayer, you used someone else's sharing from the bible, to bring this bible passage to me. God, you are good, you just immediately reminded me the prayers that I lifted up to you. Thank you for picking me up right away. I realized even more how weak I am, I can not do anything without you.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

More and more, I realized how weak I am, and how useless I am without God. If it wasn't because of God's grace, I have no idea how I can going through everyday with all the things that I have to do. I am thankful that God constantly reminds me that complete dependence on Him is what will make me strong. God, help me to only depend on your strength and your power. Thank you God for how you provide for me everyday. Thank you for your grace, please continue to help me to faithfully serve for your kingdom, to do everything for your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment